Our Lady, Queen of the Seraphic OrderNew Bedford, MA
Brief History of the Marian Friary
Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration
All the Faithful are cordially invited and warmly encouraged to come and visit their Lord, God and King, so humbly and meekly concealing Himself under the form of bread. The Friary Chapel is open seven days a week and twenty-four hours a day for Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration. This great act of homage to Our Lord, so neglected in our age, is only possible through the generosity of our adorers who commit to one or more hours in adoration of Our Lord per week. Those who can visit and would like to commit themselves to adore Our Eucharistic Lord each week, are invited to join our Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration Guild of Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament. Please write us for more information.
The Mission of the Immaculate Mediatrix (MIM) is a Roman Catholic public association of the faithful which allows lay persons to join into the Marian-Franciscan charism of the Franciscans of the Immaculate. Meetings are held at Our Lady’s Chapel on the second Sunday of each month, from 8:30am to around 4:00pm. It is strongly recommended to call ahead to confirm since this is subject to change.
- 8am Rosary
- 8:30am Holy Mass
- 10am Breakfast
- 10:30am Formation Conference
- 12pm Rosary & Mid-day Prayer
- 12:45pm Lunch (bag lunch)
- 1:45pm Business meeting
- 2:45pm Chaplet of Divine Mercy & Benediction
- 3:10pm Formation Classes
- 4:10pm Vespers (Evening Prayer)
The meetings are open to anyone who wishes to come: members and non-members, people who are just curious about the MIM, and people who have commitments that might prevent them from formally joining. If anyone wishes to just attend Holy Mass, or just Holy Mass and the conference, that’s fine. Those who can visit and would like to commit themselves to adore Our Eucharistic Lord each week, are invited to join our Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration Guild of Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament. Please write us for more information.
1. Annual Feast of Our Lady of Good Voyage – Third Sunday of September The Feast of Our Lady of Good Voyage is celebrated on the third Sunday of September each year at Our Lady’s Chapel. On the vigil of the Feast there is a solemn, candle light procession of the statue at night. A reception follows downstairs in the Hall as usual. All are welcome to join us in this annual joyful celebration.
2. Corpus Christi Procession – Second Sunday After Pentecost The annual liturgical feast of Corpus Christi (The Body of Christ) is celebrated in a beautiful way at “Our Lady’s Chapel” New Bedford by having a “corpus Christi Procession” in the streets of New Bedford. Hundreds of participants join the procession with Eucharistic stations on at least three parish Churches of the area. Everyone is invited to participate in the procession. See the section above, How to Visit Our Lady’s Chapel, for parking during the event.
Apostolate of the Friary
Sacraments and Preaching
Following the Franciscan tradition the friars’ primary apostolate is the administration of the sacraments especially the reverent celebration of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and the Sacrament of Penance. Moreover, they conduct conferences, symposia, parish mission, retreats and preaching tasks to help pastors in the care of souls.
The Marian Friary of Our Lady Queen of the Seraphic Order in New Bedford publishes books and pamphlets concentrating on Marian, popular as well as scholarly literature. With the collaboration of the Academy of the Immaculate, a non-profit organization, the friars are putting out at least two to three books a year. See our on-line catalog of books for more information about these titles: AcademyoftheImmaculate.com
Imitating the example of St. Maximilian Kolbe, the friars launched its Marian and Catholic evangelization through the new technology of the Internet website which was established in 1996. It continues to expand according to demands and has affected many lives including the the discovery of religious and priestly vocations.
Marian Friary of Our Lady, Queen of the Seraphic Order
600 Pleasant St.
New Bedford, MA
600 Pleasant St. New Bedford, MA 02740
GPS: 41.634922, -70.926859
(508) 996-8274 Facebook.com/OurLadysChapel
- Holy Mass
- Mon-Sat: 6:45am and 12:10pm
- Sunday: 8:30am
- Mon-Sat: 10:30am–12:15pm
- Or by request (please call first)
- During the year: 5am–8:30pm
- During Lent: 6am–8:30pm
- Bookstore: Mon–Sat: 9am–Noon
- 5:05am: Office of Readings
- 5:55am: Morning Prayer, Rosary & Mass
- 4pm: Evening Prayer
- 4:45pm: Rosary, Benediction & Angelus
- Stations of the Cross: Friday, 4:15pm
- 8:50pm: Night Prayer
- 5:35am: Office of Readings & Morning Prayer
- 8:05am: Rosary of the 7 Glories & Mass
- Noon: Angelus & Midday Prayer
- 5:45pm: Evening Prayer, Rosary & Benediction
- 2nd Sunday of the Month: Benediction is around 12:15pm
- MIM Cenacle
- Meets on the 2nd Sunday of the Month (Subject to change, call to confirm)