M.I.M.Mission of the Immaculate Mediatrix
What is the M.I.M.?
The Mission of the Immaculate Mediatrix (MIM) is a public association of the faithful attached to the religious Institute of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate.
The purpose of the MIM is essentially to live and promote unlimited consecration to Mary, under the guidance of the Franciscans of the Immaculate, and after the example of the great modern apostle and martyr of Auschwitz, St. Maximilian Maria Kolbe.
Degrees of Membership
MIM1 members: missionaries who consecrate themselves to the Immaculate, live that consecration according to Marian Seraphic Pathway (MSP), and attend monthly MIM meetings.
MIM2 members: missionaries who make a private Marian Vow of total consecration to the Immaculate and live that vow according to the MSP.
MIM3 members: Tertiary Franciscans of the Immaculate, who, after having made the Marian vow and, continuing to live in the world as laity, observe the MSP and profess the Franciscan-Marian form of life contained in their Constitutions.
In case you do not live near an existing MIM cenacle and cannot attend monthly meetings, you can still become an Associate MIM member. Associate MIM members nevertheless totally consecrate themselves to the Immaculate and live that consecration according to the possibilities offered them by the circumstances and duties of their state in life, without the obligation of observing the MSP.
Why become an MIM member ?
To belong to Our Lady & serve Her in a more perfect way:
Those who become MIM1 members
- commit to living their consecration to the Immaculate a more structured and ordered way of life (spelled out in the MSP)
- are part of a community structure and enjoy its support (good example, noble rivalry, accountability)
- receive ongoing formation at monthly meetings
- take part in organized group apostolate
- obligate themselves to live their consecration by taking on the greatest possible commitment before God, which is a vow
- the vow gives the a greater degree of merit to their consecration and obtains for them a greater amount grace, for their greater personal sanctification and apostolic effectiveness, as well as the greatest glory of Our Lord and Our Lady
MIM3 members (Tertiaries)
- live their consecration to Our Lady according to a specifically Franciscan Spirituality, contained in the Third Order Rule and Constitutions
- live an even more rigorous and structured way of life
- receive the promise of the Church “If you observe all these things, I promise you life everlasting”
Those who become Associate MIM members
- live their consecration according to a specific spirituality, that of St. Maximilian M. Kolbe
- become part of a whole army of other associates in whose prayers they share and whose support they receive
How to become an MIM member ?
To join MIM1, 2 or 3 contact a friary near you, or fill out the Friary-contact form below.
If you do not live near an FI Friary, you can still be an Associate MIM member. To learn more or to sign up to become an associate member, click the “Join the MIM” button below: